Thursday, March 29, 2012

First Series...The Gamer Inside Episode 1: Chrono Trigger's First Hour

Alright, it is day two of the blog and I have decided to make my first "series". I love video games. Their ability to tell an interactive story that can engage a person on several different levels is amazing. Video games have always been important to me and I want this blog to reflect my passions, and gaming is the oldest love i can remember. I will eventually do "Top Tens" and other such things but today I wanted to start off with a game I just recently received.

Yesterday, in the mail, I received the game Chrono Trigger for my Nintendo DS. I know, I'm only about 17 years late on playing this game, but better late than never. Over the years I had heard a lot about this game. It is  on many publication's "Greatest Games of All Time" lists and I finally decided to try it out.

Space-Time Ripped. That's not good.
I plopped it in my DS and started the game. The story starts off with the main character Crono (that is his default name, but you can name him what ever you like.) being woken up by his mother that day of his country's Milenial fair. He gets there and meets a girl named Marle with a very pretty pendant, fights a robot cat, and uses an awesome teleportation machine. Then the girl Marle tries out the teleporter, which doesn't react well with the pendant and then BOOM rip in the space time continuum. That was within the first 15 minutes of the game. The game gets off to a lightning pace and doesn't stop.


The game play is a great turn based system known as "Active Battle" which is very intuitive and fun to play. I have fought snakes, witches, imps and slime.....ball........things. Though it is still early in the game, all of the enemy encounters offer a fun challenge. I can't wait to play more with this combat system.

The first hour of Chrono Trigger has been an absolute blast and I can't wait to really get into it. The story has a bunch of fun time travel stuff that I just want to learn more about. I plan on doing a full review of this game when I beat it and I will make it much more in depth.

I hope you enjoyed this first installment of The Gamer Inside

Side note: Everyone should show love to my friend Scribbler Butterfly. She is saying a big GO AWAY to cancer and you can help her.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link and all your support! And I will try to check out Chrono Trigger over the summer!

    ReplyDelete